10.18.2010

"Not Me!" Monday


 

Welcome! Are you feeling guilty for chewing your husband out over something completely inconsequential? Wondering if anyone noticed you sneaking bites of ice cream right out of the carton? Perhaps you just gave in and let your kids run willy-nilly through the backyard all afternoon, eating countless birthday cupcakes and without so much as a glimpse of a nap. No worries! "Not Me!" Monday was written just for you. It frees me up to admit my many imperfections and vent about the absolutely ridiculous things that are my everyday. Enjoy at my expense, and join in the fun by commenting below!

*********************************************

I have trained my youngest child impeccably well, so unlike his older brothers when they were babies, he does not routinely reject most of his breakfast and throw every last Cheerio off of his highchair tray. Nope. And after I remove him from his highchair and set him down to play, I do not routinely turn a blind eye as he eats breakfast off of the floor. Not me!

-----

We're a little behind the household chores around here. Like 9 months behind. Anyway, when I finished carting the past two weeks' overflowing baskets of laundry downstairs, they did not create a massive pile that filled all of the available floor space in the laundry room, they did not spill out into the hallway and around the corner, and they did not stink to high heaven. Additionally, I absolutely did not let my kids go to town in said humongous, stinking piles, frolicking about as if they were in the world's most outstanding pile of autumn leaves.

-----

Our house flooded on January 31st and we moved in with my husband's parents. Surely, we are not still living here.

-----

The boys came outside with me last week and helped me clean out our car. Upon finishing the clear-out, it did not look like we were having a yard sale in the driveway. In fact, when my mother-in-law came out for a break from work later that morning, she did not see all that we had removed from the car and jokingly remark that we had a room in the house and it really wasn't necessary for us to live in our car. Our car was not that messy. Nope

-----

After a shower this week, I did not realize I had forgotten both a bath towel and clean clothes, and had to dash to the bedroom in one of my kids' miniscule hooded froggy towels. Not me!

-----

Currently, our bedroom does not more closely resemble a closet than an actual bedroom.

-----

One of our hot/cold microwave packs got soiled this week (I'll spare you the details), so I removed the bag, Lysol-ed it, and washed the cover. Obviously thinking through the situation, I did not then set it out on the porch rail to dry and bleach in the sun. Several hours later, it wasn't my mother-in-law who discovered that it had been torn apart by squirrels, who were beyond pleased that I had provided them with a new chew toy. Not me!

-----

We've had a couple of cold snaps so far this fall, and I still haven't managed to get our closet turned over. But it wasn't me who sent Kayden, who now wears size 7, out in a 4T sweatshirt and flip flops. Nope, not me!!  

Aside: Yes, my four-year-old wears size 7. He's halfway up my rib cage, almost four feet tall. It's ridiculous. Donations welcome...clothing or food. Ha!!

-----

Yes, my husband and I still occasionally have those saccharinely sweet little "I love you," "I love you more," "No, I love you more," type conversations. And as you know, (and as I've blogged here) my husband means well. He really does. So during this little exchange, when he said, "I love you," and I said, "I love you more," he did not respond with, "there's more of you to love." Not my husband!

-----

The boys love reading Dr. Seuss' Would You Rather Be A Bullfrog? before bedtime. I love it, too. It gives us a great opportunity to guide them into higher level thinking by asking them to defend their choices in each "would you rather" question. (I can't help it, it's the teacher in me.) Anyway, Kyler read the story again the other night, and reported that the following conversation took place:

Kyler, reading from the book: "Would you rather be a skinny, or be a fat? It's time for you to think about important things like that."

Cameron: "I know, Daddy! You are the fat one, and I am the skinny one."

Upon hearing this, I consoled my husband with a kiss and hug. I definitely didn't nearly snort my tea out my nose. Payback, honey. Payback. :)


*********************************************

"Not Me!" Monday is an incredibly fun blogging carnival started by MckMama. In a nutshell, it's where we all can be open about the ridiculous things that happen in our everyday lives. Head on over to her blog, where you can read heaps of other great "Not Me!" stories. Or, join in the "Not Me!" fun and leave a comment about all of the things you didn't do this week!

No comments: