1.11.2010

"Not Me!" Monday



Welcome! Are you feeling embarrassed that in a rush to get to church, you wore your blouse inside out? Or maybe your mother-in-law found out that you routinely let your children jump on her extra-bouncy sofa when she's not around? Perhaps you just gave in and had cookies for dinner...twice...this week. No worries! "Not Me!" Monday was written just for you. It frees me up to admit my many imperfections and vent about the absolutely ridiculous things that are my everyday. Enjoy at my expense, and join in the fun by commenting below!

*********************************************

So I finally got an afternoon off! Several weeks ago, our sweet friend Debbie came over to give me a break from the boys and a few hours to get some things done in preparation for Christmas. I didn't do anything terribly interesting, just went to the grocery store sans children (what a treat!!) Given this glorious respite, it certainly wasn't me who was completely out-of-it the entire time, unable to keep my mind off of my baby, who was doing perfectly fine without me at home. I did not wander aimlessly through the aisles, clueless as to what I needed, where I put my list and coupons, or even what time it was. Geez.

We had an awesome time romping around with the boys in the two feet of snow we got just before Christmas! We did not however, have to run quickly across the yard to retrieve our three-year-old, who was stomping happily and exclaiming, "Look Mommy! Daddy! Yellow snow!!!" Thank heavens he hadn't yet developed quite the obsession with eating snow that he did after the next snow. Thank goodness.

No, it was not an altogether wholesome and nutritious idea to gobble cookies for breakfast...twice...over the new year weekend. So I didn't. Nope. Wasn't me.

At a Christmas gathering just after the new year, it was not my three-year-old who, as we set the table and prepared for lunch, leaned out of his seat and licked the plate of ham sitting in front of him. Not my kid. My children have table manners and perfect etiquette, all the time.

It is not me who cannot even remember the last time I washed this pair of jeans. Nope. Not me. (The bright side? At least I can remember the last time I showered....)

Sometime Christmas day, we were all sitting around in a comatose-like stupor, discussing things of absolutely no consequence whatsoever. Kyler's mom mentioned something about their cat being stir-crazy from all of the snow and how they needed to get him some sort of interactive toy. It SO was not me who said, "Just get the cat a Playboy.....errr....a Gameboy! I meant to say Gameboy!" Nope. Not me.

And finally, last night in the car on the way home from our local wholesale club, Kyler and I did not have to intervene in a heated argument going on in the backseat between our two-year-old and three-year-old sons. And the yelling....errr...discussion in question was most certainly not over who had pooped.

*********************************************

"Not Me!" Monday is an incredibly fun blogging carnival started by MckMama. In a nutshell, it's where we all can be open about the ridiculous things that happen in our everyday lives. Head on over to her blog, where you can read heaps of other great "Not Me!" stories. Or, join in the "Not Me!" fun and leave a comment about all of the things you didn't do this week!

No comments: