1.25.2010

"Not Me!" Monday

 

Welcome! Are you feeling guilty for consistently making fun of things your husband says in your "Not Me!" posts? Wondering if your toddler will ever be completely potty trained? "Not Me!" Monday was written just for you. It frees me up to admit my (and I admit, my family's...) many imperfections and vent about the absolutely ridiculous things that are my everyday. Enjoy at my expense, and join in the fun by commenting below!

*********************************************

I have not been a total lazy bum today. And NO, I did not plan on totally ditching "Not Me!" Monday until I read that MckMama was offering a prize for "Not Me!" blogs today...

Yesterday, I did not laugh outright when our five-month-old pooped in my husband's hand. And I didn't laugh more as he carried the babe down the hallway, pitifully whining in disgust. And twenty minutes later the same baby did not throw up all over my cheek. Not my child. Ah well...payback, I guess.

Lately I've been running on our treadmill during the boys' nap time. Baby wouldn't sleep today. So instead of running, I am not sitting at the computer blogging and eating peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Sometimes when I get overwhelmed and anxious about all there is to be done, I make to-do lists. Except I'm terrible about including every task known to mankind on said lists, whether or not any of it is feasible to accomplish before much of the rest of the list is obsolete. Knowing this, I did not still make a ridiculously long list this week. And I definitely didn't go back later and add things I had already done to the list just so I could cross something off. Not me! 

Over the past several weeks, I have not routinely let the kids take absurdly long naps, even though I know it will make putting them to bed on time that night next to impossible. Nope. 

What's that? You noticed that Cam's hands are absolutely covered with blue blotches? Oh, well...it must be marker. Not food coloring. He doesn't find ways to get into every basket and box in the kitchen. And he doesn't find things like food coloring, open all the vials, switch lids, and squirt it all over himself and the kitchen table while I'm nursing the baby. Nope. Not my child!


 
Moving on. I am currently not so behind on the laundry that it covers the floor in our bedroom and the upstairs hallway, leaving all but what you see below in which to dress my youngest...



*********************************************

"Not Me!" Monday is an incredibly fun blogging carnival started by MckMama. In a nutshell, it's where we all can be open about the ridiculous things that happen in our everyday lives. Head on over to her blog, where you can read heaps of other great "Not Me!" stories. Or, join in the "Not Me!" fun and leave a comment about all of the things you didn't do this week!

No comments: