9.15.2009

Happy Birthday, Cameron!

Poor Cameron. His August 31st birthday was totally overshadowed this year by the birth of his baby brother. I know he didn't know any different, but he sure knew I wasn't around, and he wasn't too happy about that. Seriously, the kid ignored me for a solid three hours (turning his back to me, refusing hugs, going to Grammy for everything, etc.) my first day home from the hospital. Not a happy camper. Though pretty darn mature for only two, I thought. (Not to mention adorable...)

Since Callan's arrival, we've worked hard to eliminate any trace of middle-child syndrome. (Ever read The One in the Middle is the Green Kangaroo?? Funny stuff.) Anyway...I've tried to spend some special one-on-one time with my big boys every day. Not easy when you're sleep-deprived and terribly sick, but I've tried...

So here's a special post just for my incredible second son. He's my bug lover, my risk taker, my independent, mechanically-and-musically-minded, "I-do-it-my-own-self"-er... He hates having his hair cut or washed, and just yesterday, I discovered that he is absolutely terrified of crickets. Yep. Go figure.
***************************************

CAM'S FAVES:


Foods:
Yogurt with fruit and Cheerios, chicken nuggets, string cheese, most any fruit

Cartoons:
WordWorld, Curious George, and VeggieTales, in that order.

Toys:
Play kitchen & foods (particularly grapes...go figure), cars & trucks, etch-a-sketch and magnetic letters, bouncy balls, baseballs, footballs, basketballs, soccer balls...(you get the idea), and especially anything Kayden happens to be playing with at the time.

Books:
Books about animals, Noah's Ark, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.

Places:
the PARK! (and anywhere outdoors, really)
Grammy & Ogee's house - particularly if his younger cousin Andrew is there. Then they can scream and chase each other in circles around the house...literally.
Daddy's office at church

Words:
"I got it..."
"My do it..."
"My (insert any toy here)"

***************************************
Some pics of Cam's first two years:


Hello world!
August 31, 2007
1:19pm
9lbs. 1oz. / 21"


Meeting big brother Kayden (almost 16 mos.)


one week old

Wishing Paw Paw (his great-grandfather) a Happy Birthday...
(2 months old)


Thanksgiving 2007
(three months old)


Christmas 2007
(four months old)

six months old


1 year old

18 months

too cool for school
21 months old

Covenant Teen Luau 2009
21 months old


Cape Cod 2009
23 months old

I am Cameron, hear me ROAR!!!

***************************************

Some pics from the family celebration we had on August 30th:





We love you little man!

No comments: