6.23.2009

Let's Get Together...


Let's get together, hey, hey, hey!
Think of all that we could do-ooo...


It's a song from The Parent Trap. I loved that movie growing up. Definitely the 1961 version with Hayley Mills, not the Lindsay Lohan version. Anyway...

Several of my college friends and our families gathered the other night for a little fun and catching up, as we usually try to do when I come to Texas. Of course, they get together when I'm not around too, but I'm sure it's more fun when I'm there. :)

One of my dear friends just had a baby, the first girl of all of our growing broods, and she is absolutely precious. See for yourself:






Told you: precious. So glad I was able to meet her!

I think we'd probably all agree that by far the most entertaining time of the night was when we let our kiddos run rampant all over my parents' backyard.






And the sprinkler system came on. Boy, howdy. They went nuts. The youngest started it...





Followed by my youngest, not surprisingly...






Followed by my oldest...






And this little guy was the most hesitant of the bunch. His mom and dad finally stripped him of his clothing (he didn't come with extras) and he cautiously approached the bunch of dripping houligans that surrounded the sprinkler. And just as he turned, laughing, to express his joy to his parents, it happened.




My son, the oldest, discovered that the sprinkler head could be turned manually. Poor kid. He didn't even see it coming. And that water was COLD.




What a riot.




Not a bad pic, considering we had no tripod, set up two cameras on time-delay, and had six kids we had to try and get to look at the camera (Marc counts...) :)


I love gatherings. Can't wait to do it again next time!

No comments: