4.30.2010

Laundry

My mother-in-law and I were sorting through piles and piles of laundry the other day, and she shared with me that, as a young mother, she used to play a little metaphor game whenever there was laundry to be done, and there always was. After I thought about it, I could totally see how this motivated her to get the laundry done!

It was simple: she'd compare the laundry to sin. Really, no joke. And actually, it plays out pretty well. So I thought, "why not?" I'll give it a go on the blog and see what my brilliant readers can come up with.

So...play if you like! How is laundry like sin? I'll start:

- If you ignore it, the problem usually just builds and builds.

- Some of the stains are really set in deep.

- It stinks. While usually not quite so noticeable right away, at closer inspection it becomes clear that something isn't quite right.

Feel free to expound on what I've listed, or come up with your own. I love metaphors....
      

No comments: