11.01.2009

Little Lumberjacks


I'm a Lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day...

Let's just skip the rest of the song, shall we?



We had a fabulous time tonight! Our church hosts a "Trunk or Treat" event for the children of surrounding communities every year. Maybe you have something similar in your area? Volunteers park their cars in rows, "fill" their trunks with candy, and provide a safe and concentrated location where children can trick-or-treat.

Our boys dressed up as lumberjacks this year, and they turned out pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. On top of that, $16 for two costumes - two shirts and two hats that we can also use for the rest of the winter - isn't too shabby.

*************************************

 Kayden wasn't too thrilled with me for dirtying up his face with "stubble." After I finished the first side, I pretty much had to wrestle him to the ground to finish the other. He then proceeded to try and lick it off before we even got to the event. Yum.



Cameron, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get the stuff on. Oddly enough, it didn't turn out as well. Go figure.





Thankfully, the photo shoot got happier...



And the event was a huge success!

************************************

Callan of course, got his very own photo shoot.
Lucky for Mom, since he slept through Trunk-or-Treat!



 



************************************

This is Kyler's father. Can you see the resemblance?





 



Unfortunately, Kyler was quite the party-pooper.
He decided not to dress up this year.



 

 

And I wore the most terrifying costume I could think of:
Me...pregnant...AGAIN...with three boys under 3-1/2 already....YIKES!



The most disturbing part? Hardly any of our volunteers and friends even noticed that it was only a costume! I guess they figured, "Oh. It's Heather. She's pregnant...as usual." Hmmm...what kind of statement is that exactly?

What did you do for Halloween this year? Your favorite costumes?
Hope you had a fantastic time!

No comments: