10.07.2009

"Not Me!" Monday



Embarrassed that you still have an old quilt tacked up in your living room window? Completely mortified that your child urinated all over an airplane bathroom? Wondering if anyone else has ever accidentally melted their child's baby monitor? "Not Me!" Monday was written just for you! It frees me up to admit my many imperfections, and vent about the absolutely crazy things that are my everyday! Enjoy at my expense, and join in by commenting below!

*********************************************

It is indeed not Wednesday when I am posting this "Not Me!" Monday. It was probably just a malfunction with the auto-publish feature on Blogger, since I always have my "Not Me!" post ready to go on Sunday night. Totally not me who is just, in general, running behind this week.

When I went to change Cameron's diaper downstairs this week, I did not find a red juggling ball inside of the closed bag of wipes. And it did not totally turn all of the wipes pink. And I didn't use them anyway. Ahem. Just so you know.

I am so grateful and appreciative for every gift we have received for this new baby. Heaven knows we have needed them! Which is why I'm glad I finished and mailed every single thank you note lickity-split, and they are not still sitting on my desk ready to be written. 

Autumn is my favorite season. I absolutely love, love, love the fall. The brisk weather, the football, the holidays, all of it is spectacular. I always jump into the transition from summer to fall without hesitation, looking forward to every aspect of the change. Which is why it must not be me who is in total denial that fall arriving means I have to turn over all of our closets. Yep. Changing out the clothing for three children who, just for the record, are growing at the speed of light is no problem for me! In between nursing an infant, mending boo-boos, overseeing creative masterpieces, doing laundry, nursing an infant, washing dishes, building enormous block towers, and - you got it - nursing an infant, I love turning over closets. Really I do

During the past week, I did not pick up my cell phone and put it to my ear, only to discover that it was covered in tiny fingerprints and a mushy, sticky substance that I can only guess was macaroni and cheese. Not me!

The big boys are absolute angels while I am nursing the baby. They never, ever take advantage of the fact that I am basically chained to a chair or the couch for an unspecified amount of time while Callan drinks until his heart is content. So surely, it wasn't my darling Cameron who absolutely wholloped his big brother on the head with a mega block, removing a chunk of his scalp and causing him to bleed profusely. And surely, it wasn't me who completely ignored this little skirmish until my sweet firstborn came around the side of the couch covered in blood. (Head wounds are crazy, by the way.) And I did not commence to completely freak out, (sweetly and carefully) chunking the baby into the pack and play, and picking my sweet boy up and running him into the kitchen to investigate the damage. And I certainly did not do all of this without putting myself (or my clothing) back together first.

Finally this week, my sweet husband did not get nearly all the way through putting a size 6 diaper (Cam's size) on our infant before realizing his mistake. I totally don't plan on telling just about everyone we know.



*********************************************

I'd love to hear about all of the things you didn't do this week! Scroll down and click on the comment link to leave a note. "Not Me!" Monday is an incredibly fun, blogging carnival started by MckMama on her blog. Basically, it's where we all can be brutally honest about our imperfections and admit parts of our week that we'd rather not have happened.

No comments: